Features & Benefits
Founded in Singapore, the origins of the power rail concept dates back to 2000 where it was first developed. With over 10 years of experience in the power rail business, Kenneth Ong and Kevin Lim developed the Line8 Power Outlet System. Building upon the concept, various key features were added together with enhanced safety and performance.
In essence, Line8 is a linear power rail where power outlets can be add, removed and repositioned. The convenience it brings together with the added safety and integration with AV & Data systems means that
- Never run out of power outlets
- They are always where you need them
- Save cost on electrical renovation
- Your investment moves with you
- Added safety over conventional power outlets
- Eco friendly with no standby current
- Integrated data and power; eliminating messy cabling
In any environment, Line8 can be seamlessly installed into walls, skirting boards, ceilings or trunking systems in a fraction of the time it takes to install conventional fixed sockets. With a range of finishing options available, Line8 meets both your power, data and design needs equally.
It is ideal for applications where the number and position of power outlets required changes from time to time.
Office Desk & Conference Tables
With Line8, never leave power outlets on the wall/floor when relocating the office. The rails and outlets move together with the desk, simply plug into a single outlet at the new location to restore full functionality without any electrical renovation.
Power rails installed on conference tables can be ingegrated with HDMI, AV, Data outlets for that seemless plug & play functionality. Multiple users can plug-in simutaneously without messy power extensions or fumbling under the table looking for that outlet.
Having to remove the plug of the rice cooker to that you can plug in your juicer only to realise you forget to plug it back the next day when you try to serve dinner with the rice still uncooked. Sounds familiar?
With Line8, never run out of power outlets; it helps too when the power is exactly where your appliance is placed. Leaving you with more space on the counter and less mess on the cabling.
Never enough is a common description when it comes to describing the outlets at the TV Console. From the ever growing pursuit for the perfect wireless coverage to the new media player for streaming movies.
The TV Console is no longer just for the television, its an ever growing gadget cabinet housing no less than a router, sound bar, game consoles, media players, NAS, etc.
Take the recommendation to install Line8 here and thank me later when you always have additional power sockets for that exciting new gadget.
So...what is Line8?
Line8 is a power rail where we can safely add, remove or reposition power sockets wherever you want whenever you want.
In any environment, Line8 can be seamlessly installed on walls or recessed into carpentry and desks in a fraction of the time it takes to install conventional fixed sockets.
With a range of finishing options available and fully customisable; be it length or function. Line8 will not only blend in but accentuate the overall design. Creating this design centerpiece which value add your interior design, your product, your home.
Under the Hood
Modular End Terminal
Plug & Play for Future Technology (DC Power Rail, Smart Home Monitoring & Control, Smart Fault Reporting, Power Usage and Load Monitoring)
Assemble, Modify, Reconfigure on-site in minutes
AC & DC Power
By utilising Kirchoff's First Law our power rails can carry both AC and DC current simultaneously. Enabling possibilities for Green Power Grid.
For implementation in public spaces where removable adaptors means missing adaptors. Each Adaptor is built in with an integrated adaptor locking mechanism. When coupled with the optional locking module on the track, the adaptors can be locked to the track so that they will not go missing. Locked adaptors still have full functionality like switching on/off and even able to move along the track.
Safety & Durability
From power rail to adaptors we use the most advanced materials and techniques to ensure the safey and durabulity of Line8. Holding multiple patents for our triple redundancy electro-mechanical safety system and security lock system.
Adaptors are made from a glass reinforced plastic resin that is not only super tough but also fire retardant and electrically impemeable.
- The custom designed push-pull switch ensures user safety
- The on/off switch can only be operated upon full engagement of the conductors. Otherwise it is mechanically disabled.
- When the switch is on, a mechanical safety system prevents the disengagement of the adaptor
- A mechanical "power on" indicator not only consumes zero power for energy conservation. It is also fail proof and classy.
- Using a high-tech ultrasonic welding process to create the adaptor key.
- World's first electrical socket where electrical conductors are machined from a single piece of copper alloy.
Built into every track will be our patented asymetrical core safety system.
- Every Line8 Power Rail is elegantly crafted out of aerospace grade aluminium, hard anodised to protect the finishing.
- The rail aperature is made to industrial finger proof specifications. Preventing even a child's finger from accessing the electrical components.
- Flanking the aperature are two shiny aluminium rails running seemlessly throughout the length of the track which acts as the grounding shield.
- The engagement to close the circuit is like a lock and key. Needs to match up in terms of height, length and depth before any circuit can be closed.
- Long lasting with not rubber components which wear out over time
- By using an industrial mechanical gripping system to secure the conductors we are able to prolong the lifespan of each adaptor and rail.
Premium Finishing Options
Made from aerospace grade aluminium, black hard anodised to protect the finishing. Incorporating the best of high-tech materials. With the finest diamond finished surfaces. Not just for looks but also safety and durability.
Accentuate your design futher. Designed from the ground up with 3M™ DI-NOC® Wrap Film. You can create a power track that reflects your taste and design.